Luggage Buying Guide: Introduction
Welcome! Here's a summary of what you'll find in this luggage buying guide and the questions it will help you answer.
- As you may already know, there are loads of luggage brands. You could drive yourself totally insane trying to evaluate all of them. So, we’ve narrowed things down to some of the most popular brands. If you evaluate even half of these, you’ll have a very good idea of what will work best for you.
- What sizes can carry-ons be. . . checked luggage?
- Do you need a carry on, checked luggage, a garment bag, a duffel bag or a set of luggage?
- What does it mean when luggage is hardsided or softsided?
- What kinds of softsided luggage are there and how do you choose the right one? What kinds of hardsided luggage are there and how do you choose the right one? There are different names for this type of luggage: hardsided luggage, hard luggage, hard shell luggage, hard case luggage. How do you choose?
- What are they and which is best?
- How do you know if a piece of luggage is lightweight or not?
- What packing tools can you use to end up with the most light weight luggage?