ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE BEST LIGHTWEIGHT LUGGAGE?
Here’s How We Can Help You!
There’s so much information about luggage, you almost feel like you need to go to “travel school” to make an informed decision on a luggage purchase. We’ve streamlined the process for you!
Luggage Buying Guide – Learn all about the difference in quality, materials, hardsided and softsided luggage, roller and spinner wheels, and much more. If you're not sure where to start, begin with the Introduction. It summarizes the topics covered in the guide.
Product Reviews – Now that you know what you're looking for, get reviews of luggage that will meet your needs. You can compare the weights of all the luggage reviewed on this site on the Directory - Lightweight Luggage.
You'll also find information on different types of Travel Accessories that can help you save time and frustration, and pack light! For example, if you haven't started using packing cubes, you don't know what you're missing!
Why Is Finding the Best Lightweight Luggage Such a Challenge?
It would be simple if it was just a matter of buying the “world’s lightest piece of luggage.” If that were the case, there would probably be only one luggage manufacturer in the world. There are two main problems.
- Unfortunately, the industry hasn't set any standards. Manufacturers can call any product lightweight, so travelers must be educated to get what they really want.
- The overall weight of your luggage depends in part on how heavy the bag itself is, and in part how you pack it. Travel accessories like packing cubes can help you organize the things you need to pack to limit weight.
The truth is that the best lightweight luggage will be different for different people.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Luggage:
- Wear and Tear - If you travel often, you’ll need luggage that is lightweight, but sturdy enough to be used frequently without incident.
- Style - If you hate having scuffs on your luggage, the best lightweight luggage that scuffs easily won’t suit you.
- Need Wheels? - A duffel bag that only weighs two pounds empty is lightweight, but it will weigh much more once you’ve packed everything in it, and then you’ll end up straining your shoulders and back carrying it everywhere you go.
- How Do You Pack? – The best lightweight luggage won’t stay that way long if you don’t pack it right.